1. What is an incubator?
It’s a place created to receive companies/projects, offering a structure and support in the first stages of the projects’ life. This space offers logistical and technical support, and aims to provide the best conditions for the entrepreneurs installed.
2. My company has been in the market for more than 3 years, can I apply?
You can apply for the Business Center.
3. What are the advantages of having a company / project incubated at the StartUp Portimão?
Access to various services and resources: Incubation | Training | Workshops | Mentoring | Networking | Acceleration Programs | Support Programs | Consulting.
4. What are the values associated with physical incubation?
Information available in the regulation here.
Typology / Prices to apply:
- Virtual Incubation: €30.00 + VAT Monthly
- Physical Incubation in Cowork – 1 Workplace - 1st Year: €40.00 + VAT Monthly
- Physical Incubation in Cowork – 1 Workplace - 2nd Year: €50.00 + VAT Monthly
- Physical Incubation in Cowork – 1 Workplace - 3rd Year: €60.00 + VAT Monthly
- Physical Incubation in Studio – 3-6 Jobs: 40,00€/workstation + VAT Monthly
- “Hot-desk” incubation: €20.00 + VAT Weekly
Project promoters aged between 16 and 30 have a 50% discount on the incubation fee.
5. Which services are included?
a. On-site permanent element to revitalize the incubator;
b. Access to a telephone network for national numbers, with one telephone per room;
c. Internet access;
d. Use of meeting rooms, workshops and several events (prior appointment needed in some cases);
e. Printer accessible on site with a card / code available for each company installed, which will be responsible for costs and direct payments to the company that owns the photocopier;
f. Electricity and water;
g. Support on the promotion of the company through the dissemination of products and services on the social networks of Startup Portimão;
h. Participation in training / workshops that can be carried out at reduced costs or free of charge as defined by the managing and dynamizing companies;
i. Cleaning of premises.
6. What is virtual incubation?
Entrepreneurs, companies or non-profit associations that wish to take advantage of the services offered in the Incubator, with the exception of occupying a workspace, as happens with the physical incubation.
7. Does the application to the incubator have any costs?
8. How can I apply?
Fill out the registration form available on this website.
9. What kind of projects / companies are admitted?
In most of cases, any type of company / project with the objective of developing and marketing products or services with an innovative and high potential character, with preference for companies / projects in the areas of energy, mobility, tourism, governance and quality (companies with less than 3 years of activity).
10. Is it necessary to have the company already created?
No. The candidate can enter the incubator in his own name and only set up a company in a more advanced phase of the business, after support from the Incubator.
11. After the application, how does the process proceed?
Upon receipt of the application, a selection interview will be scheduled with management team members to evaluate the effective potential of the project.